Saturday 28 July 2012

Rafael: I'm playing at home


Brazil defender Rafael believes London is like home to him.
 
The Manchester United defender who played against Egypt in Cardiff exhibited high level of play. He also scored the opener for Brazil in their 3-2 win.
 
Rafael said: 'Well, I’ve been talking about that with the rest of the guys in the dressing room, telling them: I’m going to play at home and you’re not.
 
'I’ve been there for five years now. I know everyone and I think a lot of the fans who’ll be going to the stadium will know me well. I think the reception I’ll get will be different.
'Playing for Manchester United gives me hope that I’ll be there at the World Cup. I’ve always said that.
'I know I’ll have a lot of competition from some great players like Dani Alves, and I know how important it is to do a job for (coach) Mano (Menezes) whenever I’m playing for A Seleção. But I think I can do it.'
 
July 28, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment