Monday 9 July 2012

Giggs: It is a tremendous honour



Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs says it is a 'tremendous honour to be part of the Olympics'.
 
Stuart Pearce on Sunday confirmed the appointment of Giggs as captain of the Team GB Men's football squad at London 2012. The midfielder is one of the three 'over age' players permitted under the Olympic football tournament rules
 
Giggs said: 'Obviously I have experience and there are a lot of younger players in this squad. As captain, hopefully I can pass that on to them.

'It is a tremendous honour to be part of the Olympics. Stuart [Pearce] has given me the captaincy, which is even better so I am really looking forward to it.

'It is a unique experience and one from the start that I wanted to be part of when I got the opportunity.'

Giggs has won of 12 Premier League titles, 5 FA Cups and 2 UEFA Champions League trophies with United.

Team GB will play their first game against Brazil at the Riverside Stadium on Friday 20 July



July 9, 2012.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment