Friday 13 July 2012

Powell: Joining United is amazing


Manchester United summer signing Nick Powell says he is 'enjoying' being a Red Devil.
 
The 18-year-old midfielder joined United from Crewe.
 
He said: 'It’s been great. The lads are really nice and they’ve all helped me through the first week. I feel like I’ve fitted in well with everyone. The training is different but it’s something I’m enjoying and just getting used to.
 
'I tried to get involved with everyone straight away when I arrived and that helped. And as I said before everyone around the place has been really friendly and welcoming.

'Walking into the dressing room and seeing my name on my peg was a great feeling and the first people I saw were Giggsy and Scholesy. I’m just used to seeing them on TV so it was pretty amazing to see them stood there. They came over straight away and welcomed me which was great. I’m really looking forward to playing and training with them - Scholesy is a midfield maestro and one of the best in the world ever and then you’ve got Giggsy who has been running the left wing for over 20 years.

'It’s the fact I’ve joined not only the best team in England, but one of the best in the world. They’ve won every trophy going on numerous occasions and that’s something I want to be part of.'
 
 
July 12, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment