Friday 6 July 2012

Nesta joins Montreal Impact



Montreal Impact have completed the signing of former AC Milan defender Alessandro Nesta.
 
The club announced on Thursday that an agreement has been reached with the 36-year-old central defender.
 
In his reaction, Nesta said: 'I'm very happy to be here. Despite some offers to continue my career in Europe, I was looking for a new challenge and wanted to play in MLS.
 
'Upon visiting my friend Marco (Di Vaio) to see him play his first game with Montreal, I met great people in this club. I really liked what I saw and I was convinced Montreal was where I wanted to be.'
 
Di Vaio, a forward who was once Nesta's teammate at Lazio, played his first game in Impact colour last week against Toronto FC.
 
 

July 6, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment