Friday 6 July 2012

IFAB approves goal-line technology


http://www.goallog.com/

FIFA President Sepp Blatter says 'goal-line technology' is designed to help 'referees'.
 
Blatter announced the approval of the IFAB (International Football Association Board) on goal-line technology after their meeting on Thursday.

He said: 'Today, 5 July 2012 is a historic day for international football and for the IFAB. We are in the 127th year of this organisation’s existence. It is their decision to bring technology into the game, but only goal-line technology. It’s a very modern decision to apply this to football. It is so important because the objective of football is to score goals. With the new techniques and the new tactics, it’s difficult to score goals, so it helps to use technology to help identify when a goal is scored. It’s a help to the referee.

 
Blatter declared that the goal-line technology will be experimented at Brazil 2014.
 
He said: 'It is my plan to have it used at Brazil 2014, yes. We will use the system also for the Confederations Cup and this year’s FIFA Club World Cup.'
'I am happy. I am pleased that we are able to go forward. When it comes to high-level competition, and the decisive moment of a competition, you have to use technology if it is available. If you don’t, then something is wrong. I have changed my attitude toward technology because of the situation in South Africa in 2010.

'It’s not a dangerous development as long as it remains focused on goal-line technology. I don’t want technology anywhere else. I want football to maintain its human face, this will be my goal as long as I am the President of FIFA. We will still have to see how it works. It is only to help the referee, we must remember that.
 
 
July 6, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment