Friday 31 August 2012

Torres: I'm an Atlético fan


Chelsea striker Fernando Torres says the UEFA Super Cup is a 'special game' for him.
 
The Spaniard who spent 12 years at Atlético Madrid believes he is still part of Madrid.
 
Torres: 'This game couldn't be more special for me. I spent 12 years at Atlético, I was the captain, I'm one of them. I'm an Atlético fan, I'm a supporter but, on Friday, the only thing I want is to win this title for Chelsea.
 
'
I'm always respectful of the people who gave me everything. The Atlético fans will always support their own and I will never show disrespect nor be unpleasant to anyone. I won't celebrate if I score a goal.
 
'It's going to be strange for me because, for 90 minutes, I'm not going to be an Atlético fan - but I will be again as soon as the game is over.'
 
 
Aug. 31, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment