Tuesday 28 August 2012

Rodgers: I'm very proud of my team


Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has praised his side for their brilliant performance against Manchester City. An error by defender Martin Skrtel led to the equaliser of the visitors at Anfield.
 
Rodgers said: 'There's no blame to Martin Skrtel, I'd rather have players wanting to get on to the ball. The courage he has to get on the football and try to play is what is the most important thing.'
 
On the performance of the team, he said: 'It was a brilliant performance, I thought. There were a lot of questions asked of the team coming into such a big game but I thought the players were incredible and sometimes the best team doesn't win, and I think we were the better team.
 
'What I've seen today and last week was a one-off and today I thought they were terrific.
 
'The plan was going perfect but then I thought tactically the ability to press at the right time and to drop off and to block was very good. I'm very, very proud of the team.'
  
Aug. 28, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment