Friday 31 August 2012

Di Matteo: Atletico Madrid is a very good team


Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo says Atletico Madrid is a 'very good team'.
 
The Blues boss believes the Europa League winners have started well in the La Liga beating Athletic Bilbao 4-0 thanks to a Falcao hat-trick and a strike from former Chelsea midfielder Tiago.
 
He said: 'I have seen Falcao a lot, he is a superb player from watching the last couple of seasons. He is one of the best strikers in the world and I think he will be a big threat for us.
 
'Atletico Madrid is a very good team - they won the Europa League last season and started off well again. I watched their games and they have a lot of quality with a good coach in Diego Simeone.'
 
The Blues boss believes he has good strikers at his service.
 
'I believe competition is very important for professional sportsmen. I don't think the way Fernando has started is because Drogba is not here. I thought he had a very good end to the last season for us. He made a lot of assists and works extremely hard, and scored some important goals. He started this season well and has competition also, we have Daniel Sturridge as well and I believe competition is very important for us.'
 
 Aug. 31, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment