Tuesday 28 August 2012

Guidolin: My most important game ever


Udinese coach Francesco Guidolin says the return leg of Uefa Champions league play-off against Braga is the most important game of his career.
 
He said: 'This is the most important game I've ever been involved in. I don't think I'll get another chance (of being involved in a game this big again).'
 
Udinese crashed at the same stage last season when they played against Arsenal.
 
'This game is one of extraordinary importance and we have to play a perfect game. We have to be completely focussed to fulfil the dream we've been chasing for 2 seasons. We know the challenge in front of us and we want to qualify for the next stage. Naturally, the same can be said for my opposite number, (Braga coach) Peseiro. But everything will be decided on the pitch.
 
'Tension is very high. But there's not much pressure. And it’s solely down to my players if we've come this far. Now we have to try to grab that ticket to the next stage of the Champions League. And it’s not always a given that a side that changes year in, year out, plays as well as in previous seasons. I can't tell you that. I’m not a fortune-teller.'
 
Udinese find themselves in a good position following the 1-1 draw from the 1st leg.
 
 
Aug. 28, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment