Thursday 25 October 2012

Mancini blames self for City's defeat


Manchester City manager says his side will need a miracle to progress to the next round of the Champions League.

 

The English champions were beaten 3-1 by Ajax at the Amsterdam ArenA on Wednesday night.

 

Borussia Dortmund top Group D with seven points after beating Real Madrid 2-1, who have six points, in Wednesday night's other match.

 

Mancini's City now lie at the bottom of the table with one point while Ajax are on three and are favourites to qualify for the Europa League after Christmas.

 

The manager said: 'It is my fault. I didn't prepare well for the game and I take the blame.

 

'I thought in one way and it was different. When you prepare in one way and it is a different game, it is difficult.

 

'We had more chances to score and in the Champions League you need to score. It is my fault, I repeat.

 

'It is very difficult to qualify now. It would be a miracle.

 

'We changed for five minutes to three at the back, but we always have 11 players. I don't think that is important - three, four, five, six or seven defenders.

 

'If someone wants that as an excuse then okay, but it's not the reason.'


Oct. 25, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment