Thursday 25 October 2012

Kehl: We have earned some deserved respect

Dortmund midfielder Sebastian Kehl says his side have 'earned some deserved respect' in the Champions League by beating La Liga champions Real Madrid CF 2-1 on Wednesday night.


'We knew we had it in us to beat Real Madrid. It was always going to be tough, but I think we've earned some deserved respect in the Champions League now. It feels good to be top of a group like this but ultimately we haven't achieved anything yet. We still need a few more points but I'm confident we'll get them.

 

'It's not every day you beat Real Madrid, so obviously the excitement among the crowd was huge. That said, there's always a great atmosphere in Dortmund so I wouldn't want to single this game out in that respect.

 

'I just found out I was man of the match and although it's nice to hear, it's not that important to me personally. The important thing was we got the win and everyone contributed to a much-improved performance.'

 

 

Oct. 25, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment