Sunday 28 October 2012

Di Matteo: I want Ashley Cole to stay


Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed rumour that Ashley Cole may leave the London side in January.

 

The Italian refused to mentioned the club that is interested in the defender.

 

He said: 'Yes I do absolutely, no doubt. There are on-going negotiations with the club and it's something he directly discusses with the club. I would like him to stay here. It's something they have to sort out between the two parties, and my wish is that he stays here.

 

'[Ashley] is a fit boy, he can play every game and still has many years in front of him. I would like him to stay here and be here with us.

 

'For me he is one of the best left-backs in the world and a great asset for the team and club. He is very good defensively, offensively he provides attacking options and his positional awareness is very good. He has experience, he is quick, has got stamina, he has everything.'

 

 

Oct. 28, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment