Monday 24 September 2012

Terry quits international duty


Former England captain John Terry on Sunday announced his retirement from international football.
 
The 31-year-old Chelsea FC captain who won 78 caps will play no further part in England's bid to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
 
The defender said: 'I am today announcing my retirement from international football.
 
'I would like to thank the England managers who have selected me for my 78 caps. I have had great pleasure in sharing that honour with all the players that I've played with. I would like to thank them, the fans and my family for their support and encouragement during my international career.
 
'Representing and captaining my country is what I dreamed of as a boy and it has been a truly great honour. I have always given my all and it breaks my heart to make this decision. I want to wish Roy and the team every success for the future.
 
'I now look forward to playing for Chelsea FC, and challenging for domestic and European honours, and I want to thank the fans and the club for their continued support.'
 Sept. 24, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment