Monday 24 December 2012

Huntelaar signs new deal with Schalke

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has signed a new two years deal that will keep him at Schalke until 2015.

The Dutch striker said: 'I've thought about this decision long and hard and I'm very grateful that the club officials allowed me the time to do so. But now I've made the choice I'm most comfortable with.

'I've always felt at home at Schalke, with the club and the fans, and I want to send out a positive signal now because I believe in our team and I believe we can still achieve a great deal in the second half of the Bundesliga season.

'And we aren't without a chance against Galatasaray in the last 16 of the Champions League, of course.'

Huntelaar, who joined Schalke from AC Milan in August 2010, was the Bundesliga top scorer with 29 goals last season and has scored 11 times in all competitions so far this term.

He also broke Hermann Eppenhoff's club record, set in 1941, for the most goals in a season with 48 in all competitions in the last campaign.

Dec. 24, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment