Friday 2 November 2012

Ferguson defends referee Clattenburg on racial abuse


Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says referee Mark Clattenburg could have used 'inappropriate language' on Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi and Juan Mata.

 

The central referee was accused of insulting the Blues duo in highly tension game. Manchester United won the game 3-2 at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

 

The United manager told BBC: 'I don't believe Mark Clattenburg would make any comments like that, I refuse to believe it.

 

'I think it's unthinkable in the modern climate, I just don't believe it simple as that. There's no way a referee would stoop to that I'm convinced about that and if we see the game today as it was 25 years ago it's completely changed.'

 

 

Nov. 2, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment